Anyone who runs a hotel will know that its focal point is its reception area. Here, whilst dealing with arrivals and departures, staff are called upon to manage telephone or email bookings, deliveries, ordering food, payment of invoices, logging queries from guests, scheduling and organising the turning out and cleaning of rooms, and all the time recognising the different rates guests are paying according to when a booking was made.
In the past, it meant reception staff were continually busy and often harassed. Today, much of their work has been automated by roomMaster property management software, leaving staff with more time to devote to the needs of guests. Three editions of roomMaster are available:-
- Standard Edition with all the features required to run the smaller hotel.
- Premier Edition geared for larger properties and those who desire the advanced features available with SQL databases.
- Enterprise Edition with the addition of more advanced features and extended functionality
From check-in to check-out roomMaster is there to support front desk operations. Check the prices here.
Here are some of its benefits:-
- Customisable registration cards can be printed in advance or during check-in.
- The speed of check-in gives front desk clerks more opportunity to up-sell services.
- Bills can be split up to four ways to handle a simple sharing process, as well as adding separate incidental charges where necessary.
- Rate adjustments can be made quickly and easily, providing the guest with a ‘clean’ bill.
- A full audit trail can be maintained for all financial transactions, check-ins, check-outs and room moves.
- For regular guests, a roll-over reservation can be created at check-out with just a few clicks.
- An unlimited guest history can be retained.
The self-service option
For guests who want to avoid queues at the front desk – as well as front desk staff looking to avoid bottlenecks – there is now the iQ-Kiosk. This new device is specially designed to provide easy-to-use self-service check-in or check-out out in under a minute. At check-in it sells room upgrades with full pictures and descriptions, allows gests to update their contact information and handles payment terms in accordance with individual hotel policies and procedures. At check-out, guests swipe their keycards to access information, view waiting messages and process payments.
Access from anywhere
When there is a need to manage the business remotely, iQ-Anywhere gives remote access to the hotel system – whether it’s from inside the hotel itself, or from thousands of miles away. Using iQ-Anywhere, it’s possible to access important roomMaster functions with any web browser, whether it is on a computer, PDA handheld device, or even a smartphone.
Consider the benefits:-
- Real-time information is readily available with just a few taps on a handheld device.
- Hotel owners can stay in touch no matter where they are, to gain a snapshot of key hotel information such as availability and daily revenue totals.
- The hotel’s head housekeeper can view and change room status information from anywhere in the hotel by using a hand-held device.
- Maintenance staff can create, update and view work orders from any web browser or handheld device, either on property or remotely.
- With quick access to arrivals, departures and in-house guest lists, security staff can be better informed when providing access to the property during off hours.
- Sales associates can check room status while showing the hotel to potential guests and group leaders without having to contact the front desk.
Other roomMaster modules
- iQ-Point of Sale (POS) designed for hotel restaurants, bars and spas to work well with touch screens.
- roomMaster.net accepts commission-free bookings directly from the hotel’s website in real-time, working as well for small hotels as it does for international chains.
- iQ-WorldLink links roomMaster hotel reservation software and GDS reservation services.
- Integrated Posting Interfaces (EPI) integrates roomMaster with other systems used in the hotel.
- Post Code Software links roomMaster with leading address management solution companies AFD Software and QAS Software.
- Accounting System module required to link roomMaster into popular hotel accounting systems.